Book Title: The Perfect Corner: A Driver's Step-By-Step Guide to Finding Their Own Optimal Line Through the Physics of Racing (The Science of Speed) (Volume 1)
Publisher: Paradigm Shift Motorsport Books
Author: Paradigm Shift Driver Development
For a preview of The Perfect Corner as well as our further motorsport education titles please visit us at www.paradigmshiftracing.com
Kindle version available to paperback purchasers for $0.99 through Amazon's Matchbook program.
We will take you through a fun and intuitive lesson in the physics of racing and then we'll apply it as you learn to optimize your driving technique.
We will look at real-world racetracks and provide an exact procedure to find the ideal approach all from the driver’s-eye point of view.
Regardless of your current level of driving experience, you can apply these techniques today and remove any doubt about what you should be doing on track for good.
TOPICS COVERED INCLUDE:
- Line Theory
- Vehicle dynamics simplified
- Corner exit power application
- The myth of the super late apex
- Using the Euler Spiral on track
- Spiral variables
- Beginner vs advanced driver spirals
- Car and track effects on spiral shape
- The "artist rendition" line compared
- Circular entry compared
- Myth of the corner exit speed check
- The physics of trail braking
- Determining brake points
- The infinite straightaway problem
- Low vs high acceleration arcs
- Optimizing entry and exit together
- Advanced corners
- Full throttle into the spiral
- Braking or deceleration?
- Real world considerations
- The necessity of mistakes
- The driver's eye view
- Force direction real world examples
- Bonus section: Advanced racing physics